Today is the due date of the 2nd baby that we lost. The pregnancy for this was very short. It was a Tuesday night that I took a pregnancy test & by Sunday morning it was gone. But even though it was a short time with little time to really connect to my baby, it is still special to me & deserves to be remembered.
It's hard knowing that I've got 4 different days each year that I will be remembering a loss.
Yes, that's right. I said 4.
There was recently a 4th loss that we haven't exactly been jumping to tell people. Because how do you just go & say "Oh by the way, we just had another miscarriage."? But at the same time it's been extremely difficult to have to deal with that grief on your own.
I won't go into all the details of what happened leading up to it because even though I have no qualms anymore about things like this, for others it may just be TMI (too much information).
Basically I took a pregnancy test thinking it was to confirm that I wasn't pregnant but instead the + showed up immediately. I immediately freaked out & was shaking & crying. The symptoms I was having was very close to what's called an ectopic pregnancy, where the fertilized egg gets stuck, usually in the fallopian tube, & can be very dangerous for the mother. I called the doctor's office & needless to say they were shocked. It was only a week before that I was in there getting those bloodwork results. They ordered bloodwork & by the end of the week confirmed that I was pregnant. My HCG level was 257 at which point I would have been only 4 weeks & 2 days along. But I knew the entire time it wasn't going to stick.
A couple days later I knew what was going on. I've been through this enough that I know what a miscarriage is.
Blood was drawn again & my levels went down to 41. Had it drawn again this past Monday & hopefully it will be back down to 0. This is something that wasn't done after the last miscarriage which is why we can't say 100% that this was a miscarriage. But I still believe it was.
I'm doing ok. I think I've had to remind myself of what happened because it hasn't seemed real. I had no real connection to it because I didn't even know most of the time if I was pregnant.
One thing we have learned is that despite how scary every pregnancy will be for us, we want to still tell our family & close friends. We didn't tell anyone about this one because we didn't know what was going on & now that we know it's hard going back & then telling. But it was absolutely eating me up to say nothing. It just helps getting it out.
So for now I am just finding other things to focus on, which I'm sure I will be blogging about in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shelly,
I am so sorry. it doesn't matter how far along you are or aren't, it is still horribly painful. Please, don't ever suffer alone. I know that feeling all too well. Pick up the phone and call whenever you need to. Love ya!
gentle hugs to you dear one (((Shelly)))...
I have never had a miscarriage, that I know of, but I just can't concieve. Oh to have a wee babe to hold in my arms...
I hear about women killing their babies, setting them on fire, beating them, dumping them in a trash can and I just want to scream and cry all at the same time.
If they didn't want to get pregnant they never should have spread their legs and went shacking up with someone they aren't married too.
Our time will come dear Sister. We just have to keep leaning on our Father even when we feel like giving up.
Bless you!!!
~ Dawn (now a Texas girl..yeeehaw!).
I'm praying for you Sweetie.
Post a Comment