
Today there is a lose in our family, on Jeremy's side. Abbey passed away, after nearly 16 years of life.

Abbey joined Jeremy's family as a tiny little puppy. She looked like a muppet! I've seen some old home videos where she's running around & she's just the cutest little thing!
I "met" Abbey in the summer of 2002. She's been at my house many times when we've dog-sat her & Sadie. So even though she wasn't technically "my" dog, in a way she was.

Abbey & Kaylee didn't play & rough-house like Kaylee & Sadie would, but they had an understanding in their relationship. And that was to leave Abbey alone unless she wanted to play. And if they did, Kaylee seemed to understand that Abbey wasn't as young as she & knew to be gentle with her.
So in remembrance of Abbey, if you have a dog, hug your dog. Take him/her for a walk. Play fetch with him/her. And just be thankful for the days that God has given you your special four-legged friend. I know I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment