How your baby's growing: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
10 weeks! That’s all we have left! Or maybe less! I really still believe Shaylin will arrive before her due date. Just a hunch I’ve had this whole pregnancy.
At this moment I’m awaiting a call from my doctor’s office with a final verdict on my glucose tolerance test. The results came in on Wednesday but the doctor was out. The nurse said based on the markers they look for, I only failed 1 out of the 4 blood draws, which is fine & I’d pass the whole test. But according to Quest Diagnostics, who has lower markers, I failed 3 out of 4 blood draws, meaning I failed the test & would be diagnosed with gestational diabetes. So as of Wednesday the nurse couldn’t give me an answer on what to do. The doctor will be back in today & once he looks it I should know my fate.
I know gestational diabetes is very treatable & it would be for a short time. But this whole pregnancy has gone so smoothly & with no real scares other than our own expected fears. I really don’t want something to worry about. But I know if it’s something I have to deal with that God will give me the grace to get through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment