Friday, January 15, 2010

The End of an Era

Today is a huge milestone in my life: it's my last day of work.

I should be more specific & say "paid work". Becoming a full-time stay-at-home momma won't exactly be easy. It's still work. There's just no paycheck. However, the rewards for this "job" will far out-weigh any monetary reward.

I've been at my job for over 6 years. Despite all my complaints, I'm still thankful for the opportunity I was given. I was originally hired to just answer the phone, make simple policy changes, & file papers. Within a few months of being here though I was given the opportunity to get my license in property & casualty insurance which gave a great pay increase & greater responsibility. At this point I'm pretty much the office manager. The way I put it to most people is I'm about as close to being an agent but without the paycheck of an agent.

But there have been A LOT of frustrations with this job. Co-workers, rude & mean customers, computer issues. But I won't dwell on those. I thought at one time I would write a blog & just let it all out but at this point I just want to put it all behind me. It's the end of one chapter in my life that I'm happy to have over but there is an even better chapter about to start.

No comments: