Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm married to my best friend!

Yes, we're about to get real sappy here!
During our 20-minutes drive home last night from the in-laws Jeremy realized that we had been talking non-stop the whole way home. And we do this a lot!
It makes us sad to hear how the world views marriage & their spouses as just a "ball & chain" & we figure they must just think we're strange to love being around each other. So many men complain about their wives never shutting up but Jeremy loves to hear me talk, even if sometimes he says my volumn gets a little high for no reason at all!
Beyond just the normal lovey, mushy stuff of marriage, we're happy that we also have a deep friendship with each other. We just love hanging out together. Even for this weekend we look forward to getting to play our favorite video game together. Now how many guys get to say that about their wives!
I hope there are more couples that can say that they are married to their best friend, too!

2 comments:

Randy Murray said...

FYI: Your mama is still my best friend too. No, we don't play video games, but we both like to visit historic sites or new restaurants, especially BBQ restaurants. She likes those spinning yard toys she calls "gibblegoobles," and I like windmills. She likes to walk through big gardens, and I like to walk through zoos, so we tend to look for and visit large zoos that include gardens. She not only loves me; she likes me. I not only love her; I like her.
I'm glad Jeremy is your best friend too. You'll still have him when the children I know you'll one day have are grown and gone. It's not only the way your mama and I wanted it [not the grown and gone part], it's the way the Lord wanted it too.
I love you,
Daddy

bren said...

I totally agree..Rudy and I went to the beach for the day on Saturday. While unpacking the beach bag we realized that neither one of us brought a book or anything to read. We both looked at each other and said oh well, we'll just have to talk together the whole time! And we did! And had so much fun! I love my husband and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he loves me too. It is nice to be blessed with a wonderful man and marriage. I hope and pray that anyone thinking of getting married will seek the Lord in choosing their spouse. The blessing will be amazing!