Ok, seems like a weird announcement & some may even argue it but when you've lived with itchy skin for over 6 years you don't feel "normal".
It all started in the summer of 2000. I was just itchy & didn't know why. Took an allergy pill from time to time & it helped. But it got worse & would break out into hives. While at BJU I went to different doctors, including an allergist, & no one could tell me why I got it. I didn't change soaps or detergents. Foods didn't seem to make a difference. Environment didn't affect it because it was the same no matter what part of the country I was in. So I just learned to live with it. I had to take Zyrtec everyday just to prevent a bad breakout.
But then in December Jeremy & I decided we wanted to try to start a family. And even though my doctor said taking Zyrtec while pregnant would be fine, it still bothered me. So I decided to back off it. I would take it every 2 or 3 days. Once I was pregnant (though short time as it was) I would go a whole week without taking Zyrtec. And then I realized I was ok doing that. I wasn't having any flare-ups!
As of right now, it has been at least a month since I've taken Zyrtec. And I feel fine. It's just weird to me to not have the horrible breakouts all over me & I just feel normal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that's cleared up! I remember you seeing all those doctors in college. It was such a bummer. Yay for you!
Post a Comment