I'm gonna get real open & honest here. I've been struggling a great deal with contentment lately. *Please notice I said it's a lack of contentment & not depression.* Sure, I've figured I'm pretty content. I've got a wonderfule husband, best dog ever (yes, I'm a little biased!), good paying job, clothes to wear, a home that is still fairly new: things some people could only dream of! So why am I struggling with this? Because I'm wanting more. And the more that I'm wanting is nothing outrageous like a billion dollars or even unbiblical. I want to stop working my current job so I can be a stay-at-home mom. I've always wanted this but the desire is more intense now because in 3 months that should have been taking place. That's why I'm struggling.
So how do I get through this? Well, a lot of prayer. I look for scripture that reminds me that contentment isn't just an attitde but really is also a command:
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, but I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content." ~ Philippians 4:11
"But if we have food & clothing, with these we will be content." ~ I Timothy 6:8
And I am looking for other blessings God has given me to be thankful for beyond just the typical family, food, shelter, & clothing,. I am thankful for the prayer & encouragement that I continue to receive from family & friends. I am thankful for Godly women in my church who I can go to for encouragement. I am thankful that God healed me both physically & emotionally after going through the D&C. I am thankful for the part-time work that Jeremy & I have been able to do this summer to help pay off all the medical bills & to carry over for more work for me to do from home when I do become a stay-at-home mom.
Society would probably worry about me saying I'm just depressed & needing some good 'ol Prozak or Zoloft to help me. But that won't take away this trial. And I don't need them anyway because my God is greater than my trial & is more powerful than any anti-depressants!
So when the sub-title of my blog says that some stuff will be things going on in my head, this is one of those postings. But don't be worried about me. I'm ok. I just need to be content with what God has already given me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment