Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Couple of Theories

Previously I posted about how I seemed to be "cured" of my acute hives that I've dealt with for nearly 7 years. The only thing I noticed that was different was that when I got pregnant I was making myself take zyrtec once a week & realized that I seemed to ok without it. So I wondered if it was the pregnancy hormones that helped. Well, that hormone has been long gone from my body & still no hives.
So the other day Jeremy thought up 2 possible "cures":
1. Water. A few months before we started trying, I started drinking the recommended 64 oz. of water every day. I noticed I felt better but that was about it. So what if after a few months of drinking the amound of water everyone should have that it was kind of a detox for my body? Guess I could stop drinking water for a while & see what happens but I'm not willing to do that!
2. Coffee. Yes, I know! It sounds so unfair to any other coffee lover like myself! But I was also backing off the coffee intake by switching from regular to decaf & then the day I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking it all together. Since then I've had coffee maybe twice. This one seems to make sense when I think back to when I started drinking coffee. It was the summer of 1999 when I was working in the nursery of a daycare & working 7am to 5pm. I needed the caffeine (or so I thought!). The following summer was when the hives started. It was also in college that I became a heavy coffee drinker going to the snack shop at BJU or trying out coffee shops in Greenvile or just making our own cappichinos in the dorms. And now it's all out of my system.
So what will I do from here? I will probably still have the occasional cup of coffee but I will probably never do the half a pot a day like I used to!

No comments: