Monday, September 24, 2007

Garage Sale

We had our first garage sale this Saturday & for a first one we find pretty good. Came out making $166.10. For a while we never thought we had enough "junk" worth selling. But after going through the garage & 4 bedroom closets we found quite a bit of stuff that we just didn't need. I'm still very surprised that no one bought this one set of dishes. I got rid of a whole lot of jewelry that I haven't worn in years, a weight bench that was too small for Jeremy (better for a junior high guy wanting to bulk up), a full-size bed that we just didn't need & was stored away, 2 old tvs, old glassware & matching dinnerware (those were at least bought) & some clothes of ours that just don't fit anymore. Amazingly, no one wanted my BJU-checkable skirts!

So in the end, it was a pretty successful garage sale. We got rid of some junk & got some cash! And isn't that the ultimate goal for a garage sale anyway?!

No comments: