
Those were the first words that Jeremy ever spoke to me. I know, he is such the romantic!
But maybe you're wondering why I was called "Toad" or where texastoad comes from. Well, maybe not but I'm gonna tell ya anyway!
At the beginning of my sophomore year at Bob Jones, I had some stationary that had a little princess kissing a frog that had a crown on its head. And my roommate Ruthie (who was a personality-opposite of me) thought it was cute & started calling me "Toady". Yep, it was that simple. Of course, it got shortened to Toad. But that was the name I went by through college by a lot of people.
And then came the frogs. I never collected frogs before but with that name came lots of frogs for various gifts. Some were cute & some were just plain weird. I do still have some favorites that are very special to me. Maybe I'll post them on here sometime.
I don't get called Toad very much anymore, probably because I don't introduce myself by that name! But I would still answer to it if I heard it.
Oh, and the texastoad name. Well, Toad lives in Texas now. Again, very simple.
So there ya go! Now you know my alias!
2 comments:
What can I say I'm just smooth with the ladies...
See, I have called you that all this time, and I never knew why!
Miss ya, Toad!
Post a Comment