Monday, December 17, 2007

Our Engagement Story

This Friday marks a 5 year anniversary since Jeremy & I got engaged. So I thought I could just tell that little story since I already told our dating story.

Well, we had been doing the long-distance relationship because I was in NC & Jeremy was back home in Texas. So we had last seen each other on Labor Day weekend. I flew to Texas to spend Christmas with him.

Now I already knew I was going to get engaged at some point in that 2-week visit. We had known for a long time we wanted to get married & knew when but had to make it official, ya know! Little did I know it would be the day after I got there!

Jeremy got us tickets to see "It's a Wonderful Life: The Musical" at The Majestic Theater in Dallas. His reason for it was since we were going to have pictures he knew I'd prefer being dressed up & looking my best. Very smart of him.

But there was one mishap for him.

Jeremy wears contacts. And for years he could wear them for days at a time & not have to take them out when he goes to sleep. Well, the morning of our engagement his eyes said "No more". He woke up with red, watery blood-shot eyes & couldn't see very well at all. He tried driving to Dallas but had to let me take over because it just got too dangerous for him to see. So that was interesting. My first drive to Dallas!

The play was good. Different, but still good. We had great balcony seats. So then it was on to dinner. Jeremy said some guys at work told him of a place that sounded good, just trying to play it down how much he had planned. He acted like he couldn't remember which exit to take. All along it was because he knew his dad & brother-in-law were dropped off roses at the restaurant & wanted to be sure we didn't see them.
So we get there & it's the Mustangs at Las Colinas. And the restaurant was the Mustang Cafe, which is actually gone now & we're very sad about that because it was really good!
Anyway, we were outside just taking pictures of the horse statues. And then he took my hands & got down on one knee. And then I finally figured out what was going on. Neither of us really remembered what he said but I'm sure it was sweet & romantic.
And 6 months later we were married.
But that's for another blog!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awww...I didn't take Jeremy for such a romantical sorta fella! That was just down right sweet!

I'm pretty sure Monk and I talked about getting married over foot-long chili cheese dogs at Sonic. Ah, we are such a classy couple.