Friday, January 11, 2008

1-18-08


First let me just say that I'm back to the land of the living . . . sorta. On Sunday Jeremy woke up very sick & nausous & we assumed it was food poisoning. We had gone out to eat the night before to Buca Di Beppo with some friends & the one thing Jeremy ate that none of us ate was the veggies on the pizza. I gave him mine so he had extra! Well, by Tuesday night we learned that it wasn't food poisoning but was in fact a stomach virus because you can't catch food poisoning from someone! So I was home Wednesday & Thursday feeling horrible & eating nothing but crackers & sipping Sprite. It's nice to have a break but stinks when you can't do anything. I got so sore from laying on the couch for 2 days. I'm back at work today, though not completely well yet. Everything I eat kinda bothers my tummy but I won't go into anymore than that!

So why is this one tited "1-18-08"? That is a date a lot of nuts (like myself, apparently) have been looking forward to ever since the 4th of July when we saw "Transformers". Here is the trailer that started it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMF_lohzglY

Now doesn't that just intrigue you?

Well, I like scary, suspenseful movies & I have a lot of hopes that this will be a good one. I mean, no one had even heard of the movie till the trailer came out & an official title wasn't even released till just a couple months ago (which is now "Cloverfield", by the way). It's done by J.J. Abrams who also produces Lost. So it can go 2 ways: it can be totally awesome with great characters you love & a great story, or it can end with more questions than answers & frustrate the fans. I'm a big fan of Lost. Jeremy isn't so much now because it hasn't answered his questions. But as long as all is answered when the show ends in 2010 (yes, they've said they'll only have 3 seasons left), then I'm fine to wait.

But back to the subject at hand. Like I said, I have a lot of hopes for this movie. There has been so much hype built up & so much mystery behind it that if we don't see a monster or if we do & it looks like Barney, there will be one upset blogger come January 19th. But hopefully I will get on here & have great reviews to write about.

Just gotta wait one more week . . .

1 comment:

Jedi Miller said...

Can i be your date? I'll buy you popcorn and candy :)