Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dallas Auditions

I honestly don't remember a lot from last night because I was pretty tired watching AI last night. At church Jeremy convinced me to play dodgeball with the kids (which is not as easy as you would think it would be; those kids are good!) & with running around with a sweater on & the extra progesterone in my system draining my energy, the rest of the evening was kind of a blur.

But I did notice that the judges have become less mean this year. Simon Cowell has always been considered the mean one & sometimes he is but other times he's just honest & just has to be the one to tell these people they can't sing. Last year they did go a little over-board though. But this year they're keeping their little comments to themselves. And there is definitely more focus on the contestants now which will hopefully help me remember them better (despite the prometrium).

There was one guy that stood out with perhaps one of the best worst performances ever. And if youtube wasn't blocked from work today (hasn't been for a while & now today it is!) I would post a video of him. He sang his own song that he wrote. He was a terrible singer & in a very strange white, furry costume with a cape & a funny hat with "Simon" on the front. The song was called "I am your brother". What made it so funny is they let him keep singing it & even sang & danced with him. And afterwards he didn't feel that they were mocking him & but was thankful for the opportunity to show his music to the world! Maybe if I can get on youtube later I'll post the link.

We get a few days of a break until next Tuesday when we'll see auditions in San Diego.

2 comments:

Jedi Miller said...

I htought that little guy was great singing his song, way better than any William Hung anyday.

Michelle said...

Dallas auditions? Furry costume with a cape? Was it Ken?