Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Philadelphia Auditions

The audition stage is my least favorite part of the whole show so I probably won't have too much to say till they get to the Hollywood round. I just don't need to watch 10 hours of bad singers. I want to hear good singers!

There were a few that stood out last night. One is a girl from Oregon who owns horses & is training for cage fighting. She had a country sound to her voice. So hopefully we'll see more of her again.

Then there was sparkly girl. I mean, really sparkly. I remember in college I would wear a tab of glitter around my eyes (mostly for cheerleading but sometimes for everyday wear; what was I thinking?!) but she had it all over her face. She didn't sound horrible but the judges, including Simon said the show wasn't for her but she could probably do fairly well with some type of 60's or 70's cover band. Well, she left & made a scene. Kinda seemed practiced. Mostly complained about Simon making fun of her which he didn't so I think she went in expecting it & just went with her angry performance anyway.

Mostly when I watched the auditions I feel bad for these people. Some know they can't sing & are on there just for their tv time. But others I think actually believe they can sing. Maybe they sing along to the radio & think they sound good. Others have family & friends that either believe that's good singing because they're listening with rose-tinted ears (like rose-tinted glasses?) or just don't have the heart to tell them that stink. I love to hear Jeremy sing & I think he has a great tenor voice but I'm not gonna encourage him to get on that show, if only because he's not what they are looking for.

Tonight is the Dallas auditions. Hopefully we won't have a bunch of freaks trying to make Texas look bad!

No comments: