As I was going through my regular morning routine of checking my friends' blogs, I came across Mad Monk's blog & Monk's Wife's blog which both spoke on today being the 35th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade being passed. Seeing that I didn't know today was that day & that they both spoke on it much better than I could, I was going to leave it at that.
But then I went looking around on Wikipedia. On it's front page it gives you news highlights of the day but also highlights of what made the news on this date. And of course, Roe vs. Wade was on it. So I started reading. And then I came across information about the woman who started it all, Jane Roe (actual name being Norma McCorvey).
Now, you have to be careful with the information you get from wikipedia because anyone can get on there & may not have all the facts. But if what's listed about Norma McCorvey is true, then I am just floored! I had no idea who this woman was! I've assumed she has just continued to be a pro-choice activist. If this is wrong, please let me know. Otherwise, I am pleased at what I read.
Read here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes ma'am it's true. I remember it being on the news when she was baptized. Pretty amazing how we don't hear about her thoughts these days though, huh?
What a tremendous burden for her to have to carry though - the woman that started it all.
Post a Comment