
Ok, so I promised a review of Cloverfield after I saw it. And so I didn't get my review out quite as quickly as I planned to. But we didn't get to see it till Sat. afternoon. And there were just other things to do, like go to Walmart!
But what did I think of it? Did it is disappoint me? Or did it meet every expectation? Was it a good movie? For the most part, yes, it was a good movie.
The entire movie is shot as if it is on a camcorder which is very different. And if you see Cloverfield in the theater, sit in the back or you may get a little sick. But because it was shot like that it became so real to me. There were so my tense moments because I couldn't tell what would happen next.
And the monster? Yes, they did show us the monster. And thankfully it wasn't drawn out until the end of the movie. And it was definitely different & freaky.
The beginning is a little slow since they're doing a little character developement but once the attack starts you are certainly not bored.
There are some complaints out there that the movie is insensitve to 9/11 victims. Basically when the monster first attacks it tears down a lot of buildings & the main characters we're following hid in a convenience store. When they come back out there are ashes everywhere & people slowly walking covered in ashed & it is very much like pictures we saw after the Twin Towers fell. But I think before 9/11 we didn't know that's what it would look like when buildings fell & now we do. Besides that, it was a monster & not a plane. But that's just my opinion.
I would have to give this movie 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. And why keep back that other 1/2 of a star? We were still left with questions at the end, questions that I can't mention without spoiling the movie. There were also points when it became a little unbelievable to still be carrying around that camera!
But otherwise, if you just want a good action & suspenseful movie filmed a whole different way, then I would definitely recommend checking out Cloverfield!
No comments:
Post a Comment