Friday, January 25, 2008

Random Question of the Day


What is the slogan for Sara Lee products?

Isn't it "Nobody does it like Sara Lee"?

This morning I was driving to work & saw a Sara Lee truck go by & on the side of the truck it read "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee".

So now I'm wondering. Have I heard that commercial wrong all these years? I mean, it does sound like something I would do. But what was on the truck doesn't make sense! And uses a double negative!

So which is it? "Nobody does it like Sara Lee" or "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee".

It's a conundrum!

4 comments:

Jedi Miller said...

According to Wikipedia it's Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_lee
weird though i alwasy sang nobody does it like Sara Lee, I like that better, I'll petition to have them change it.

Michelle said...

I thought it was "Nobody does it like Sara Lee" too. Hmph. We all just may have to boycott.

Or make our own cinnamon rolls and bread! ;) heehee!

Amy said...

I just checked Wikipedia as well..good 'ole wikipedia! :) Now I can't buy Sara Lee products...you have to have good grammar in your slogans! It's essential! Kinda sad that I've been singing it wrong all these years, too. :)

Sylvia said...

I thought it was "does it" all growing up and then a few years ago they ran a commercial with the words on the bottom. I felt pretty silly too! Reminds me of Joy's "kinky turtle" song. Ha!