People sang. Some good. Some bad.
I'm really tired this morning (which I'll explain in a bit) but the only person that stood out to me was David Cook, the rocker. Yes, I said it. I liked the rocker. His hair was typical funky rocker style but he impressed me the most having great control of his voice. I think ever since Chris Daughtrey was on there & did so well that more rockers want to try out. They showed a few that were just way out there & weird but this guy was a pretty normal acting guy. I hope to see more of him. The rockers aren't the normal pop singer the show has looked for, so I think it'd be pretty cool for one to win.
What I did want to write more about was the other show we watch on Tuesday nights: The Biggest Loser. The premise of the reality show is over-weight people at a weight loss camp trying to lose weight to be healthier & try to be the "biggest loser" (as in, lose the most weight) to win $250,000. The first season seemed to focus more on the weight loss than the money but with each season there has been more focus on winning the money & there has been more scheming & back-stabbing within the contestants to the point you'd think we're watching Survivor or Big Brother.
And now the show is throwing the trainers in the drama. Last night our favorite trainer Jillian cried because the other trainer Bob got to pick his team of contestants & she lost some of the people she had been training the past month. See, this woman is tough. She is seen on the show sometimes as mean & like a drill sergeant but she motivates people to work hard & it pays off. So for her to cry because of stupid tactics the show is coming up with was upsetting.
At the end of each episode contestants have to vote off somebody. But rather than vote off people who don't work out much, they'll vote off those that work the hardest & lose the most because they're a "threat". So the hard workers never get rewarded.
Something needs to change on the show or they're gonna kill the show. Why can't it just be whoever loses the lowest percentage for the week goes home. Or, even better, no one goes home unless they want to quit & whoever loses the most each week gets a price. Maybe a free year's gym membership or a treadmill or gift cards to Subway (they like to push Subway). That way everyone gets to stay at the ranch & continue losing the weight.
Sorry for that rant but after watching last night's episode & seeing Jillian cry it just made me so mad.
So why am I tired this morning? Well, sometime after 4:00am I dreamed that I set our security alarm & it beeped when set like normal. Well, then I woke to a beep & realized that the beep was actually our smoke detector. Don't worry. There was no smoke. But the battery is apparently dying. It would beep only every 20 minutes but just enough to prevent me from falling back to sleep for very long. We got up by 6:30 & wouldn't you know between 6:30 & 8:00 I never heard it beep again?! Well, I'm not letting that happen again. We'll get a new battery, otherwise we'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment