I don't usually remember my dreams. And when I do they are pretty short & simple & not much to expound on. By the way, I by no means buy into dream interpretation. Our dreams are pretty much just a jumbled mess of what's in our heads from what goes on in our daily lives. They can't really tell you that you are insecure, running from something in your life, or that you hate your mother.
Last night's dream was short but definitely not very simple.
I remember that I was going to church. But of course it wasn't actually my church. Someone came with me but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was.
So we try to find a seat & have to go upstairs to sit on the balcony (my church does not have balcony seating; I say it comes from memory of churches I visited in Greenville, SC). Apparently I had also invited someone to visit who followed soon after. It was a deaf customer that I had helped with an insurance payment yesterday (again, just something in my daily life, nothing profound). She sat in front of me.
Then we had to open our hymnals to Hymn 875. My church's associate pastor was leading the music like normal & his wife was playing the organ like normal.
What wasn't normal was what Hymn 875 was. This is what we were singing.
That's right. We were singing "Island in the Stream" . . . in church . . . as a hymn. I remember it having 6 verses which I know isn't the case. But it had parts & everything & I sang my alto part like this was nothing out of the ordinary.
The organ was also set to sound like a saxaphone & there was a little organ solo at one point.
And where in the world did this song come from? It took me a while to figure this one out but then I remember that on Wednesday night's AI a girl sang this because the judges thought she sounded like Dolly Parton.
Now I know where the details of my dream came from but I wonder how Freud would interpret it?
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ROFL!!!!!!!! I cannot breathe this is SO funny! Nothin' like a little Kenny and Dolly to get us in the mood for worship! You have to tell the Bakers!
This is too hilarious except for the fact that I'm going to be singing Islands in the Steam ALL DAY LONG!
Hmmm, I think i'm rubbing off on my wife. Her dreams are crazy yet make sense like mine now?
I wonder if we can get Tammie to play that on the organ...
you know in some "churches" all you would have to do is change the words a little and you can make it about your relationship with Jesus.
Post a Comment