So the top 24 have been named. I'm not bothering to list them but you can see them all here.
I wish I could say I have a favorite or two but I don't. I'm really not that excited right now. This show has really disappointed a fan this season.
And why?
AI has claimed to be a talent show (though we know it's really about popularity) that seeks out "undiscovered" talent to jumpstart them into music stars. And most of the previous contestants were nobody people. They maybe sang in high school plays or had an ameture band but no real fame beyond their communities.
That is, until this season. Votefortheworst.com (which I would site more often but the language on the site is refraining me from doing so) has revealed information on many contestants who aren't so undiscovered.
The worst offender is who I refer to as "Irish Chick". She apparently had a record deal & had lots of money spent on her but totally flopped with only 300 records sold (not a typo!). She's also had connections to some people on AI. But this season they do a whole sob story of how she auditioned on Season 5 & was to go on to Hollywood but her visa didn't come through & had to drop out. It annoys me because she had her shot & flopped.
There are two other girls I really liked. The first is Kristy Lee Cook. She owns horses & just seems like an all-American girl. Well, she's also had a record deal though nothing panned out. She also has a little music video with a Confederate flag in the background that a bunch of people are hating her for (that doesn't actually matter to me though).
The one that would be my favorite is Brooke White. She has a good personality, married, is a nanny to some very cute twin babies, & when asked to tell something about herself she said she's never seen an R-rated movie. And she has a good voice. But she's also had some sort of career because she's opened for a concert before. So now I'm conflicted on liking her or not.
There's an Austrailian guy (ok, Austrialia & Ireland need their own shows apparently!) who's been in 2 bands & left them while also stealing their songs & claiming them as their own. Sounds like a swell guy!
The kid who once had paralized vocal cords won Star Search when he was 12 (he's 16 now).
And there are a few others.
I realize there has probably been a few in past seasons but this is just rediculous.
My other probably is the same problem I have every year. There are 24 contestants now but 5 of them I am pretty sure we haven't see once until now. Yet people like those mentioned above have had lots of airtime. So that means we can expect the 5 unknowns to go home first simply because no one knows them. So much for giving me contestant background stories!
And my one positive of the season is for not including the nerdy politician-in-the-making with the top 24. He's the one that tried singing a Josh Groban song. He had cheese all over him! I could see him as being this season Sunjaya or "Chicken Little" or that red-haired boy. So thank you, AI, for not torturing us again with one of them!
But, AI, you really need to convince me to keep wanting to blog about you. Because right now I'm not very thrilled. I highly doubt I will be voting like I did the past 2 seasons unless someone really blows me away. You've got your work cut out for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment