Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A bright spot in a dark week for me

First, I just wanted to say that I made it through my first day back to work yesterday. Around noon I really wasn't sure if I could do it & considered going home. But I stuck it out. The first day is the hardest so getting through it feels like a big accomplishment for me.

Ok, so after having a very rough week & after writing a very long & sad post yesterday, I would like to try to brighten things up with something that brightened my week.

My favorite food establishment has finally come to Texas!!! Yes, Zaxby's is here! And what is this Zaxby's I speak of? Well, check out there site here. It has only the best chicken fingers ever with the best sauce ever!

I first learned of it in college & my friends & I frequented it quite a bit. At that time there was just the one in Greenville. We were all sad to leave Greenville for the simple reason of no more Zaxby's. Eventually it did come to NC but not until just before I married Jeremy & moved to Texas. So for nearly 5 years now any time we are out east we make an effort to eat at Zaxby's at least once, sometimes twice.

Well, recently a co-worker of Jeremy's mentioned a new restaurant coming near her home & said it was some place called Zaxby's. I was thrilled! So on Friday when we decided that would be our day to finally venture out in public & run some errands we called this co-worker to see if Zaxby's was open. And it had just opened the week prior! So that's where we went for dinner.

Now, for some strange reason someone decided that Mansfield was the perfect place to put the first Zaxby's of Texas. Granted, I'm thankful they didn't say, "Hey, let's try El Paso". But it took us 45 minutes on a Friday night (we know that was our main problem) to have dinner. But it was worth the drive. And you know what else made me happy when I was there? They had sweet tea! It drives me crazy how you find very few places in Texas that serve sweet tea. All those stinkin' Yankees coming down here, I think! (please don't throw anything at me if you're from the north!)

Look at this poultry goodness! This is what I order every time I'm there, the Big Zax Snack. So yummy! But I also order extra sauce because you gotta dip your fries in it, too. My mouth is watering already!

So I ask if you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to please visit Zaxby's. It would make me very sad if my favorite place went away due to poor business all because of a stinky location. I already lost my favorite burger place 2 years ago (Cheeburger Cheeburger). Please don't take my Zaxby's away, too!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You should have called us! Mansfield is a hop, skip and a jump away from us! It looks a lot like Chicken Red's. They are really good too and have a great sauce. As a matter of fact, they are in Mansfield as well. Hmmmm... I wonder if Zaxby's is tryin' to giv'em competition?!

Hey now! Absolutely NO Yankee comments! I was born there, but I've lived here longer than I lived there. I love sweet tea and my Texas born and bred husband only likes NON-sweet tea! Blame him!