
Sorry for the blogging hiatus. Had a few things go on in our lives in the past couple weeks. Maybe I'll bring it up later. Maybe I won't. Just had my focus elsewhere.
On Saturday Jeremy & I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We're amazed that it's been 5 years now. It really doesn't seem that long. But we feel like we've known each other forever. To be precise, this September or October (we're not sure of the exact date) will be 7 years since we met.
We started our anniversary actually the night before by driving the 45 minute drive to what's currently the only Zaxby's in Texas. You'd think the high gas prices have no impact on us with how many times we've driven to Mansfield in the past 2 months!
The next day we slept in (something we don't get to do very much anymore with a puppy in the house) & had a late breakfast at Ihop. I love me some french toast & sausage!
We then pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon playing our favorite game, Dynasty Warriors, on our new PS3. Yes, that's right. I play video games. Not all of them but in this one I like to be the chick & wear cute outfits while wiping out 50 Chinese soldiers at a time!
We then went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, McCormick & Schmicks. It's a tradition for the past 3 or 4 anniversaries now. We had yummy crab cakes with Texas blue crab for an appetizer. For our meals I had an almond-crusted rainbow trout & Jeremy got tilapia with a sweet sauce on it. After giving each other a sample of our fish, we decided to switch. Then for dessert I got vanilla bean creme brule & Jeremy got bread pudding. And while there we spent our time watching people & talking about them, a favorite past time of ours. We were very amused by the table near us that downed 2 bottles of wine between the 3 of them & how it apparently affected them because they were overly excited about the dessert tray presentation.
We then walked around the North Park mall & realized how out of place we felt amongst all the expensive stores & rich people. Then we went home & played for Dynasty Warriors.
Maybe not the most romantic anniversary but it was what we liked to do & that's all that matters.
2 comments:
I found you through the Firehouse Journal blog and you don't know me, but I had to comment on the video games. For years we played City of Heroes together (we still play some, but adopting our munchkin changed my free time) and I got hooked on the game because of the costume creator. And who doesn't want to be a Super Hero.
Happy Anniversary and that sounded fun to me! And yummy.
Anniversary blessings!!!!
My husband and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary on June 18th :-)
So...is there a Zaxby's in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area do ya know? I have heard about that place and look forward to trying it out God willing :-)
Hope you and Jeremy have many more wonderful years together as husband and wife!
~ Dawn
Post a Comment