
I've never liked running. Except for racing boys in elementary school. I was a fast little girl! But since then, I've hated it.
So what did I decide to do? I decided to be a runner.
And not just that! I've decided to run a 5k on September 20. That's 3.16 miles in downtown Ft. Worth.
I know it's no marathon, but it would be a big accomplishment for me.
Training is going pretty slow. I started out feeling good until last week. My calves cramped up pretty bad. Then a couple days later my knees were hurting.
Last Friday we went to the Runner Store & I got some new running shoes (and everytime I say that all I think of is Forrest Gump!). And these must be magic shoes! My knees stopped hurting that night. And when I ran on Saturday I felt just fine!
I'm not running real hard right now. I've back my speed off a little which I think is helping. And I'm actually doing a 2 minute walk/2 minute run, going back & forth for at least 30 minutes total. This past Saturday though I continued it until I completed a 5k, which took me 49 minutes to do. So now I know I can only do better in 2 months.
This running thing will pretty much continue until I am pregnant again. I am well aware that most women can do a light job while pregnant & be just fine. But with my history I'm taking no chances. So until then I have something else to focus on.
1 comment:
YAy we can run together... I wonder if people aren't commenting on this section because they hate running that much???
Post a Comment