Jeremy & I are going to try to go to early voting tonight before church. It all depends on how long of a line there is. If it's short enough then we'll do it. Otherwise, we'll go Friday night, which would totally stink because that's our date night. But we really want to avoid going on Election Day.
With each candidate I read over, I kinda skim through most of the issues to find the one that is of greatest interest to me - where they stand on abortion. There is just no way I can support a candidate that actually wants it to stay like it is. Most of the other candidates will say they are against it unless "the mother's life is at risk".
Ugh! I am so sick of hearing that. Those types of cases are so rare & from what I understand (I don't have anything to really back it up) they will include mental illness or just thinking the woman's not ready for a baby. Is her life really at risk then? How about putting more emphasis on adoption? And along with that, how about making it easier for couples to adopt? Why does it have to be so stinkin' expensive? I'm just sayin'.
Why can't we find candidates that actually hold to a true pro-life position & want to overturn Roe v. Wade? Or when we do, we know they have no chance to actually win? Now, I'll blame the media for part of that. I mean, how many Republican candidates never got any airtime?
Or, there may be candidates that hold high moral standards but that's basically all they talk about. And as much as I can agree with them on these stands, are they strong enough in foreign affairs or the economy or what to do about health care? I just don't know.
I just don't trust politicians & really don't believe what any of them are telling me. I'm tired of all the ads. I'm tired of how the media treats Obama as if he's the messiah or something. I'm tired of how Saturday Night Live constantly bashes Palin for just being herself or little things she says wrong but completely ignores the stupid statements that Biden has made or how they never mock Obama. Never.
I don't know what is in store for our country but I do know Who still has reign over all. And whether it's Obama or McCain, whether the House majority goes democrat or stays republican, whether Roe v. Wade ever gets overturned, I know that God is still sovereign.
"For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been
instituted by God." ~ Romans 13:2
No comments:
Post a Comment