I entered 2009 not how I expected. At first it was looking to start out the best way possible. But again, God had other plans. If you've read my blog long enough, you already know what I'm talking about. So I'm not even going to go any further or bring all that emotion back on myself.
Because things didn't happen the way my doctor expected (or how we expected for that matter), we're waiting to take the next big step in starting a family: we're going to see a specialist.
We don't know yet who it will be or when. I'm waiting as I type for that call. My doctor is looking for someone he feels comfortable sending us to. And hopefully it's someone other than the one he knows in Plano. We'd like to avoid that drive if possible! We should hear back from him this week. And then we should be able to get an appointment in pretty quickly. Typically when a regular person like me calls it can be as much as 3 months before seeing a doctor! But with my OB/GYN making the call, he intends to get me in right away.
The idea of actually seeing a fertility specialist is something I'm still dealing with. Well, it could be that or it'll be a reproductive endocrinologist (RE for short). I'm still not sure what's the difference between the two. But both normally focus on helping the infertile become, well, fertile. That's not our problem. So I'm hoping that when a doctor sees how often we've gotten pregnant (6 times in 24 months, averaging every 4 months), that he/she will not try to push anything like IVF on us. Our problem is staying pregnant.
But I believe they will have more knowledge on what's left to test on us beyond what my doctor is skilled in. Jeremy asked my doctor if he'd ever had a patient with my history & he said no. Normally once he tests a patient like he did us, the discovered problem is easily fixed. Hearing that made me so sad.
See, I don't like doctors. I mean, I like my OB/GYN & I like my regular doctor. But in general, I don't like doctors. Or hospitals. Doctors & hospitals mean something is wrong with me. So to now have to see a specialist just tells me that something is SO wrong with me that a regular doctor isn't enough to help.
So for now I wait. I'm hoping to hear back by tomorrow & then we'll be able to get an appointment soon.
Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. six in two years. I had no idea.
I'm forwarding your blog around. Ask to pray for you, Jeremy, medical staff, and your future children.
Love,
-j
Shelly,
There are no words. My heart aches for you. I love you guys dearly and I wish there was something I could do to help. For now I will continue to pray and if there is anything you need from me please, please let me know.
Post a Comment