Friday, February 27, 2009

Cowtown, here I come!

Tomorrow's the big day!

Jeremy & I will be running a half marathon tomorrow in the Cowtown Marathon in Ft. Worth.

Jeremy's already done a full marathon so technically this isn't that big a deal for me. But for me this is huge! If you told me a year ago I'd be doing this I would have laughed in your face. Little me who used to hate running & when I'd try I could barely do half a mile before stopping will now attempt to run 13.1 miles.

We're hoping the weather doesn't cause major problems for us. After beautiful weather this week with temps in the 80s, a slight cold front has come in. Tomorrow's high isn't supposed to get out of the 50s. But the winds will be 20 to 30 mph making the wind chill in the 30s. And with us starting at 7:30am you can gaurantee that we won't be running with the warmest temps.

If you are in the area & looking for something fun to do, I encourage you to come & be a spectator. Running is such a unique sport where everyone really feels like a winner & you don't feel like anyone is cheering against you. I mean, who would do that anyway? It's just so fun to cheer for everyone & I promise you it really helps them keep going.

Best place to be is the finish line. We should be crossing it around 10:30 or so. We won't be breaking any records. We just want to finish.

I will try to get pictures up as soon as I can. But not until after we have our victory meal at Babe's & enjoy the best chicken fried steak EVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Shelly!