Sorry I've been MIA. The last week has been difficult in my family.
My grandfather does not have long on this earth. Last Friday (Feb. 6th) my dad called saying the doctors didn't expect him to make it through the weekend. So Jeremy & I left our workplaces, packed up the car, & made a 19-hour drive to Wilmington, NC.
We had to leave on Tuesday to get back to our jobs but we're thankful for the time we were able to have with my grandfather. He had some very good days & when we got there he recognized me & knew my name, something he was having trouble with.
He's still holding on but is slowly declining. He's now in a hospice which is a much nicer place compared to the hospital.
I've never lost a grandparent so this is something new to come to terms with. Most of my peers can't say they still have all 4 of their grandparents around so I'm thankful for the extended time I've had with them.
Please keep my family in your prayers. It's been a very rough time for everyone. Difficult decisions were made but they should be difficult because if there weren't we wouldn't care so much. Before returning to Texas I reminded my grandmother that there are so many people praying for our family, even people that don't even know them. I hope that is an encouragement for her because it's certainly been an encouragement to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment