Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Taking a Sick Day

I'm rarely ever sick. I seem to have an iron immune system. Seems like anytime I'm around someone with a cold, I never get it. Even last week Jeremy was sick with a lot of congestion, slight fever, & chills & made it through the week just fine.

But it finally caught up with me.

On Sunday my throat was hurting. On Monday it was worse but I also had a lot of pressue in my sinus' & ears. Did I stay home? No. I went to work. But I ended up leaving by 11:30 because I was starting to get achey & could feel a fever coming on. I slept for a good 2 or 3 hours & thought that was all I needed.

On Tuesday I went to work again. But after still feeling a lot of pressure & the nasal congestion kicking in, I left at 2:00. I took Nyquil & slept great. And then I took Nyquil again before going to bed.

This morning I intended to go to work. I got up, despite being tired from a bad's night sleep (too much Nyquil maybe?), showered, & started on my make-up.

But then I started getting just a little dizzy. Maybe it's just being tired or maybe it's the pressure in my ears. But enough was enough. I was staying home.

See, because I am so rarely sick, I never take sick days. My sick days really have only been used for when I've had miscarriages. There's more that I would say regarding work & being sick but that will have to be saved for when I'm no longer at this job, whenever that will be.

So I've finally bit the bullet & made a doctor's appointment. Remember, I don't like going to the doctor. But I need an anti-biotic & just want this overwith. This is really messing with my running schedule.

No comments: