I'm not posting the pictures yet but I have a confession to make.
I'm getting a baby bump. For a while I just blamed it on the little pooch I've never been able to burn off that now just got bloated from hormones. But I can't deny it anymore. It's a baby bump forming.
The bump will only get bigger of course. And when it does it will work like a magnet to women (and sometimes men) who feel the need to rub the belly.
My initial reaction that I've held my whole life is to not allow anyone in my personal space. It's just weird to me to go & rub a belly. You're not really rubbing the baby. It's me.
But now I'm getting a different perspective. And I might not be so offended when someone touches my belly & I'm sure it will happen.
This has been an extremely long journey for us. I've always told myself to never complain about the ugly side of pregnancy. I will embrace it & be thankful for it. And sometimes I just feel like shouting it to the world that I'm having a baby. After that first ultrasound I wanted to show the pictures to everyone. So maybe if someone does rub my belly it's just because they're so excited for us. And maybe the belly rubbing just needs to be something else I will embrace.
Now this does not mean that I am inviting people to run out & start rubbing my belly. That may be a bit overwhelming. But it just means that I may not get so annoyed.
However, a stranger is NEVER allowed to touch my belly. Why would anyone think it's ok to rub on a pregnant woman you don't even know?!
Oh, and if you do rub my belly, don't be surprised if I reach out & rub yours, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love this post!!! :-) You say it so well. There will be at least one creepy touch when you aren't expecting it, that is for sure. I hope it isn't too creepy.
I have always thought that was a little weird . . . ESPECIALLY when strangers do it! I am looking forward to reading more posts when you have a third (human) member of the family to write about! ~Sarah
Post a Comment