Monday, August 3, 2009

13 Weeks Pregnant!

How your baby's growing:


Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.



What's most exciting is that this is the final week of my 1st trimester! It's such a huge milestone for us to reach.


My energy seems to be returning. Last night we walked the dogs & I was actually able to keep with our normal pace. Still felt sick yesterday so that's not gone yet but I'm hoping that's on it's way out soon.


We have our next appointment next Monday & it can't get here soon enough. I'm so ready to hear our little baby's heartbeat again. I'm also hoping that while there we'll get to schedule the BIG ultrasound & finally know who is in there. Our names have been picked out for over 2 years & we're just ready to give this little one a name.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

This is so exciting for me too! I have been praying for you guys for so long. I love reading your updates about your new little baby!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Shelly, I'm so excited to have found your blog! Reading about your progress brings a joy to my heart-- you are so deservedly blessed! My continued best to you and the baby :)