Here's the few blog posts I did while we were still keeping the pregnancy a secret. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since we first found out!
6/08/09
Got great news today! On Friday my HCG levels were 2,275 & I was 4 weeks & 5 days pregnant. That’s a great number for anyone but especially for me! Today it was done again at 5 weeks & 1 day & it jumped up to 7,430! Woo hoo!
6/15/09
Whoever named it “morning sickness” should be shot! Today it hit me. I sorta felt it yesterday but thought it was because I waited too long to eat breakfast & being hungry made me sick. But nope, the nausea has come in right on schedule. I’m 6 weeks & 1 day.
6/17/09
Still sick. I wake up feeling pretty normal but sometime after I get to work I start getting sick. Hmmm… Well, I bought some ginger ale today & that seems to help. It’s funny. I want some relief so I can make it through the next 8 weeks but at the same time I want to have the nausea because that reminds me that everything is going as it should. Most women would think I’m crazy to be happy about nausea but I am so thankful for it.
6/24/09
Great news today! We had our first ultrasound today & the baby measured at 7 weeks & 4 days so it’s perfectly on schedule. Heartbeat was 159 but it’s still too early to start making gender guesses from that. We’re just so relieved to see our baby & know that it’s doing so well. In fact, it’s doing well enough that my RE has released me. I now get to go back to my OB/GYN. Our first appointment with him is on July 13 & there will be another ultrasound. I can’t wait to walk into that office & leave it with good news. I know he & his nurses will be thrilled for us. That office has been such a place of sadness for me so I can’t wait for it to be a place of joy.
6/29/09
New symptom for this week: excessive saliva. I read about it & today it’s hit me. I’m usually a regular fountain at the dentist’s office & they always have to use that suction thing to suck out all the spit. But this is just ridiculous! And what’s worse is all this saliva is making me feel sick.
7/3/09
I’ve noticed that I sneeze more since being pregnant. And it’s caused a little bit of drainage which has now given me a sore throat. I’m too scared to take anything so I’m just trying to drink more water & some orange juice for the vitamin C.
7/09/09
Monday cannot come fast enough. I’m still so scared that we’ll go in for the ultrasound & find the baby too small or no heartbeat. I know everyone tells me to just calm down but if you’ve gone through 6 losses, you’d be scared all the time, too. I just wonder at what point can I feel like, “ok, we’re really gonna have this baby”.
7/10/09
I was looking around for miscarriage statistics today (because I like to torture myself like that). I read that by weeks 6-10 your chances of miscarriage go down to 5%. And by week 14 it goes down to 3%. That’s great! But then it gives stats on if you’ve suffered one miscarriage or two or three & what your odds are of miscarrying again. Basically by the time you have 4 or more it says your chances of ever sustaining a pregnancy are 0-5%. Now, I’m definitely no statistics expert but those are some pretty bad odds we’ve been facing. How great is it that God doesn’t look at statistics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you posted this. How fun it will be to show your child some day!
6/15 ~ I totally agree! No "morning" sickness for me... I was sick ALL DAY!
6/24 ~ Reminds me of Facing the Giants. I *knew* you would have your day... one way or another :-)
7/9-10 ~ Don't torture yourself but also don't feel bad for being "cautiously optimistic" either. You guys have been through so much and are totally validated in your fears. No one is judging you for that. Faith does not always mean the absence of fear but rather believing in God's plan in spite of it. Just rejoice in each new day that this life grows inside of you!!
Post a Comment