Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I fought the nausea . . . and the nausea won.

I have different goals for the pregnancy. Never complain about any symptoms or discomforts. Don't dress frumpy no matter how bloated or uncomfortable I may feel (while at home doesn't count). Don't gain 50 pounds. And don't throw up.

I hate throwing up. Not that anyone likes it. But I always cry. It just upsets me so.

So that's why I finally asked my OB for Zofran on Monday. The few days prior my nausea took a turn for the worst & had me gagging & dry heaving over the simplest things like drinking a sip of water or eating a grape or even just yawning.

Well, I took the pill Monday. It's dissolvable by the way & whoever came up with that is a genius! It helped take the nausea away but it also gave me a horrible headache. You lose one problem & gain another.

So yesterday I didn't take it since I was still feeling ok. I was a little off but not so bad I couldn't push through it. And I just didn't want that headache again.

I got home yesterday at 5:00 & was starving. But I didn't want to eat dinner at 5:00. So I had a small snack. Not enough. Well, I just laid there on the couch & kept on watching "What Not to Wear". Got up a little after 6:00 & decided it was time to heat up the leftovers.

And then it happened. I yawned & I gagged. I tried to control my breathing but it was no use. I couldn't stop what my body was ready to do.

I've now joined the thousands of other puking preggos. How special!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Nausea stinks, no 2 ways about it :-( I am sure others have said eat often (I would always carry granola bars, or soda crackers, or jolly ranchers). Different things work for different people (if you need anymore ideas, let me know). Don't ever feel bad for talking about what you are going through... talking is how we cope :-)
**stay away t/u dust*** headed your way!

Emily Baker said...

Yea! Join the club! Isn't it fun? Ok, not really. I wuld also recommend not brushing your tongue when you're brushing your teeth. That always set me off.

Laura Pyle said...

While you were yawning?? Sorry I had to laugh at that... poor thing. The worst for me was brushing my teeth! Horrible!