I've been hidden away for a little while but I'm finally coming out of hiding to give some much awaited good news.
I am currently 10 weeks pregnant! Originally we weren't going to announce it till we made it to 14 weeks but things are looking so good right now that we just can't hold it in any longer.
If you've read my blog long enough, you know our history. We've been trying to start a family for 2 1/2 years now. And through that we've suffered 6 losses. The beginning on this year we started seeing a fertility specialists & after lots of bloodwork & various tests, he could not find a medical reason for the miscarriages. His only other options was IVF to test the embryos. But not being covered under insurance pretty much ended that journey as far as we could tell. So we started looking into adoption. We knew that God could still choose to bless us with biological children but we weren't going to put all our hope in that. We want to have children & don't care if they are from us or not.
We've just been in shock for so long that things are going so well. First it was the great beta #s. Then it was fatigue like I've never had before. Then it was the nausea.
And then it was that first ultrasound. It was such a relief not only to see it there but to see how well the baby looked & how strong of a heartbeat it had.Yesterday pretty much topped it all. We got to go back to my regular OB. He was just amazed to find out that the RE never found anything wrong with us & here we're having a completely
normal & healthy pregnancy. He did an ultrasound first & Jeremy (because of where he was sitting) saw the baby right away. I had no idea it would be as big as it was. I thought it would still have a little gummy bear shape to it but you could see its arms & legs moving & see the little peanut squirming around. And we heard the heartbeat! It's the most beautiful sound ever! We got to hear it again later when the doctor used the doppler on my belly.
normal & healthy pregnancy. He did an ultrasound first & Jeremy (because of where he was sitting) saw the baby right away. I had no idea it would be as big as it was. I thought it would still have a little gummy bear shape to it but you could see its arms & legs moving & see the little peanut squirming around. And we heard the heartbeat! It's the most beautiful sound ever! We got to hear it again later when the doctor used the doppler on my belly.During my time in hiding I did a few "mini-posts" so I could still chronicle the early part of the pregnancy. I'll post those in a couple days.
We are definitely not out of the woods yet so we still needs lots of prayers. Making it to the 2nd trimester will be huge for us. It's at 14 weeks when we have our next appointment. He plans to just do a regular check-up & use the doppler. Kinda bummed to not see my baby again but just hearing the heartbeat will be comforting.
1 comment:
Look at the little peanut! I'm o excited for you!
Post a Comment