How your baby's growing:Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
I’m trying to use my Zofran less & less. The furthest I’ve gotten so far was 3 ½ day without it. As of today it’s been since Friday night & so far this morning I feel good. I’m starting to think I’m getting into that smooth part of the 2nd trimester where I feel “normal”. There is of course my growing abdomen, which I need to get a picture of today because I woke up, got dressed, looked at myself in the mirror & said “Whoa!”. It suddenly got more rounded just over-night. To some it might seem early to show this much but I’m only 5’1”. So as the baby grows & my uterus gets higher & higher, it’s pushing all my insides around & they don’t have very far to go. So I fully expected to show early & probably look really big. Good thing is my weight gain is very normal, not that I will be sharing it anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment