How your baby's growing:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
This past Saturday was a great day for me & Jeremy. We had 2 movies we wanted to see. Actually, I wanted to see both. He wanted to see one. But he loves me & took me to the chick flick anyway.
We slept in (thanks to my dogs letting us again) & then went to see District 9. Very cool movie. Then we had a late lunch at a little Mexican place we hadn't been to in a long time. It was very yummy. Pretty sure I felt a couple more "bubbles popping" while there so maybe that's the baby saying he/she likes Mexican food.
Then we went to the Grapevine Mills mall & checked out Motherhood Maternity. I'm pretty sure I could spend a lot of money in that place. They have so many cute things. But I had to get only what I needed, which was a pair of jeans & a pair of shorts.
We walked the whole circle of the mall (it's a whole mile all around). Stopped in this little candy shop called Candy World & filled a bad with different flavors of gummie bears.
Then we saw Time Traveler's Wife. Very sad movie. Cried a lot. Didn't like Eric Bana though.
Still had to get groceries so that wasn't too exciting. But Jeremy was wanting Thai food. I'd never had it. Just never tried it. Decided to try a place near our house. It was awesome! I'm loving me some pad thai. And they had the best egg rolls I've ever had!
So that was our day. Going to see 2 movies in one day was one of those things we couldn't do as kids. But we're adults now & can if we want to. But it was also nice because we know that in 6 months we won't get to do something like that anymore. We are absolutely thrilled that we will go from 2 to 3 soon but we also want to take advantage of all the time we have while it's still just the 2 of us.
This past Saturday was a great day for me & Jeremy. We had 2 movies we wanted to see. Actually, I wanted to see both. He wanted to see one. But he loves me & took me to the chick flick anyway.
We slept in (thanks to my dogs letting us again) & then went to see District 9. Very cool movie. Then we had a late lunch at a little Mexican place we hadn't been to in a long time. It was very yummy. Pretty sure I felt a couple more "bubbles popping" while there so maybe that's the baby saying he/she likes Mexican food.
Then we went to the Grapevine Mills mall & checked out Motherhood Maternity. I'm pretty sure I could spend a lot of money in that place. They have so many cute things. But I had to get only what I needed, which was a pair of jeans & a pair of shorts.
We walked the whole circle of the mall (it's a whole mile all around). Stopped in this little candy shop called Candy World & filled a bad with different flavors of gummie bears.
Then we saw Time Traveler's Wife. Very sad movie. Cried a lot. Didn't like Eric Bana though.
Still had to get groceries so that wasn't too exciting. But Jeremy was wanting Thai food. I'd never had it. Just never tried it. Decided to try a place near our house. It was awesome! I'm loving me some pad thai. And they had the best egg rolls I've ever had!
So that was our day. Going to see 2 movies in one day was one of those things we couldn't do as kids. But we're adults now & can if we want to. But it was also nice because we know that in 6 months we won't get to do something like that anymore. We are absolutely thrilled that we will go from 2 to 3 soon but we also want to take advantage of all the time we have while it's still just the 2 of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment