How your baby's growing: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.
Shaylin is becoming much more active, mostly after eating & I’ve been sitting on the couch for a little while. She’s a little toot already though! When she starts kicking harder than normal, I’ll lay my hand where she is to see if I can feel it with my hand. If I can, then I know Jeremy has a chance to feel it. He really wants to feel it & have a little bit of the connection I’m already getting with her. But every time I lay my hand there, she stops. Or, then there’s what she did Saturday night. I laid my hand on my belly & then she eventually kicked again but she had moved to the left where my hand wasn’t. So I moved more that way. But then she moved again. Little toot!
As for how I’m feeling, heartburn is really kicking in now. Doesn’t matter what I eat, although if I have something like very spicy sausage I feel horrible. It’s just hormones doing it to me. Usually hits me in the afternoon & lasts till late in the evening. Tums give a temporary relief. It’s still pretty mild so I’m not struggling too much with it. But having never had it in my life it’s quite the change!
1 comment:
I had heartburn BAD during pregnancy. I liked the Tums smoothies... I think that's what they were called. They melt in your mouth better than regular Tums so you can suck on them instead of chewing them and that helps keep the HB at bay for a bit longer. After awhile though it wasn't enough and I started taking Zantac. You might ask your doctor what they recommend, but mine said that most of the over the counter stuff was fine.
The good news is that mine was gone the same day I delivered, so at least you know there will be an end!
Post a Comment