I’m a little hesitant to write this post but I like using my blog as an outlet & besides I gotta keep it real, yo’.
Ok, I love being pregnant. I’m so happy to see my growing belly. Sure all my old clothes don’t fit anymore. Sure, there are lots of unpleasant side effects which I won’t mention but if you’ve been pregnant I’m sure certain ones have popped in your head. I had made myself a promise that if God would bless me to sustain a pregnancy I would not complain about the down-sides. There are too many up-sides & the end result is too wonderful to even think of uttering “I don’t want to be pregnant”. Ugh. I shudder to even think about that.
I haven’t had to make too many sacrifices with being pregnant. I don’t drink so staying from alcohol is no biggie. I’ve had sushi once & it wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be but I can wait a few more months to try it again. I don’t like blue cheese so that’s a soft cheese that’s not difficult to stay away from.
But there is one thing that I do miss. And that would be running. I started running last summer in an attempt (which paid off) to lose some weight. It also gave me something else to focus on other than all my miscarriages. Work was (and still is) really draining on me so it was great to come home & jump on the treadmill & take out work frustrations that way. Running also proved to myself that I am capable to more that I give myself credit for. I’m hoping that by completely a half marathon it’ll give me the confidence that I can handle childbirth drug-free (but that’s a blog post for another time).
I had always said that if I were to get pregnant I would gladly give up running & I did. But I guess running became such a big part of who I was that it just feels weird to not be doing it anymore. On the rear window of my car there’s a sticker that just says “13.1”. To any runner that sees it they know that I have run a half marathon. I almost bought the one that says “I run like a girl”.
I hope I don’t come off like I’m complaining because I’m certainly not. Again, I love being pregnant & can’t wait to hold my baby girl. But after my 6-weeks post-natal checkup I’ll be shopping for one of those strollers so Shaylin can “run” with me.
And as I finish this blog I’d just like to mention that I’ve got a very active little girl in there today. Apparently she’s still working off the high of last night’s chocolate milkshake from Sonic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I did some running, but it did make my baby bounce around. I found that the elliptical was the best thing. I would push it really hard some days, but other days I'd take it easy. Either way I was exercising and I loved it!
I hope you can do that! Good for you!
Post a Comment