I'm about to turn 18 weeks. That means I'm only 2 weeks away from the halfway point! As excited as I am about that, I still have fear that something will or has already happened to the baby.
Part of the problem is just having to wait 4 weeks between appointments. It was a relief at 14 weeks to go in, knowing I was finally at the 2nd trimester, & we heard the heartbeat. For most people they'd feel safe. But in the last couple weeks I've had some bad dreams that we lose the baby & they really get to me.
It doesn't help that the baby isn't big enough to give me some good solid kicks, although I do occasionally feel something, usually after eating. But that's not after every meal or snack & not every day.
Some people may wonder what's wrong with me. I'm way into my 2nd trimester so I should just relax, right?
All I can say is this is what 6 miscarriages will do to you. I'm sure when I see the doctor on Wednesday & we hear the heartbeat again I'll feel better. And then 2 weeks later when we see the baby on the ultrasound & hopefully know who it is I'll be on cloud 9. And once I start getting some solid kicks I'll feel like it's really happening. But I will probably still have days or just moments when I worry. I probably won't truly relax until this baby is out & crying. Just thinking of that moment brings me to tears.
But then I know that once the baby is born I'll just have whole new worries.
As if all our losses weren't already a trial of faith, this pregnancy certainly has been. First it was to just not rely on my symptoms. I remember the first time that I didn't feel sick that I was just certain something was wrong. But 2 hours later I got sick. Sometimes I would just pray to God that He'd get me feeling sick so I'd feel better. Now I'll worry when I don't feel kicks.
I'm still learning to not have faith in symptoms but to have faith in God. And I'm so glad that He is patient with me when I don't remember to rely on Him all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shelly, You are right, there will always be something to worry about. Mason is almost a year old and I worry about his development, etc.. I cant wait until you are able to feel the baby kick regularly to ease some of those fears for you. They are normal to any women and even more so for someone who has had so many losses. I pray for you and your baby every day. In 22 weeks you will get to hold that baby and I cannot wait to hear that (s)he has arrived!
Post a Comment