Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's a girl!!!

Sorry I’m so behind on posting our big announcement. Tuesday was pretty busy with making phone calls & uploading pictures & video & of course shopping. And work has kept me busy.

Well, the title pretty much gives it away.

We’re having a little girl! But it sure took a while to find that out.

She wasn’t moving around much. Just chillin’. She got good pictures of her profile, face, & even her little feet. But when it came to getting that one important shot we needed, she wasn’t moving for anyone. Her little tooshie is down in my pelvis, which I expected since the movement I’ve felt I was sure was from her feet. The technician couldn’t get the wand down where she needed it so she had to try to get baby girl to move. Tried laying on my side. No good. Then I had to be an acrobat & pull my feet up & lift my pelvis in the air while holding onto the table from behind my head. Considering the decrease of exercise in the past 4 months, this was not easy but I was willing to hold it for as long as possible.

Then my mom called. She had only a couple free minutes (she’s a teacher) so she was hoping to get in touch with us to find out if she was getting a grandson or granddaughter. Jeremy took the call for me & told her what was going on. Then the technician looks at me & I asked her if we were going to have to give up. She said “No, I got it but does he want to know” (because Jeremy was still on the phone). And then she paused, just to hold the suspense & said “It’s a girl”.

Yeah, I cried. I would have cried had she said it was a boy. It was just so exciting to finally know. And even more to be at the point to get to find out. But it was also emotional because this little girl really put us through some stress & had us scared that we’d have to give up & come back another day.

And then we realized we finally were getting our Shaylin. Yes, that’s her name – Shaylin Joy. We’ve been holding onto this name for a very long time. We think it’s so pretty & love the Gaelic sound to it. And in case anyone is wondering, we did not make it up. It is a real name. There’s even a Farmers insurance agent in our area that has the name. So there!

Later on I’ll come back & tell about the first shopping trip we did for her. She’s getting spoiled already!

No comments: