Monday, September 14, 2009

19 Weeks Pregnant!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —
about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

I’ve suddenly gotten a lot of movement for the past few days. And not the bubble popping. But actual movement where I know something is inside me moving around. On Friday I was sitting at my desk at work & suddenly felt what I can only imagine was a little foot pushing up against my uterus & moved across it just a little before letting up. And then during Sunday morning church I felt this little one moving around throughout most of my pastor’s sermon. Even at night now while lying in bed I’m feeling movement. It’s a completely weird feeling but wonderful at the same time & I welcome all of it.

Tomorrow is the big day! I’ve actually had trouble sleeping the past few nights because I’m just so excited about it. Whether it’s a boy or girl, we’ll be happy either way. We will finally get to call this baby by an actual name instead of just “the baby”. Yeah, we never really came up with a cool nickname. Although Jeremy liked calling it “Providence” for a while.

I’m hoping all this activity I’ve been feeling is a good sign that he/she will be active tomorrow & help us get the “money shot”.

Oh, this is my 199th post. That means my 200th post will be the announcement of what we’re having. How cool is that! I’ll post the update as soon as I can & announce it on Facebook, too. The appointment is 8:30 so there won’t be too long of a break. However, we won’t make the big announcement until after we call all our family & friends that are like family. So let me just say this now if you know you’re in either of those groups: Please keep your phone with you tomorrow. Also, we will have a lot of calls to make so if we can’t stay on the phone for an hour with you, please understand it’s nothing personal. We just don’t want to go over our minutes.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the big announcement! And thank you for being excited with us!

No comments: