Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Let the voting begin!

To the left of this post you should see a poll. I'm asking that you vote if you think we're having a boy or a girl. If you want to have a little more info, here are some stats.

At the 7 week appointment they measured the heart rate at 159. This early in the pregnancy that's a very normal ranger for either gender. It was too early to listen to so this was measuring on the ultrasound.

At the 10 week appointment we first heard the heartbeat during the ultrasound. The technician measured the rate at 176. Afterwards I had my exam by the doctor who used the doppler & again we heard that beautiful. This time it measured in the 160s.

At my 14 week appointment it was just a regular checkup. The doppler was used as usual & the heart rate was in the 140s.

At now today's appointment, at 18 weeks, the heartrate was in the 150s.

Some think feeling the baby early like I have means it's a boy because they're more restless. Or they think the kicking means he'll be playing football or soccer. Really?

I am my mother's firstborn. She is my grandmother's first-born. And my grandmother was my great-grandmother's first-born. You see a pattern there?

What do I think it is? I have no earthly idea! For a little while I thought it was a boy. Then I was certain it was a girl. Then I had no idea. Now I sorta lean towards it being a girl but then I remember Murphy's law & it'll probably prove me wrong & turn out to be a boy. So really I'm going into this ultrasound with no strong feeling either way. I like it that way because there won't be any real feelings of shock. I'll still probably ask if they're sure but only because I'm so horrible at deciphering ultrasounds.

And, no I don't have a preference. How could I? It's been almost 3 years since we began this long journey & we've had so much hurt & disappointment. How could I possibly be disappointed by the outcome, whichever it turns out to be?!

So with that being said, please cast your vote. It's obviously not the least bit scientific. It's just fun to guess & it's fun for me to see what others are thinking. At least we don't have long to wait before we know who's right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm praying all my pregnant friends will have boys and name them after their father!

; )

Amy said...

I'm a big fan of girls!!!! :)

Emily Baker said...

Ok, I will vote girl, for no reason except that I love my little girl!