I tuned in to the last half hour of Bill O'Reilly's radio show on AM 570 & he was discussing an abortion doctor in Kansas who apparently is trying to get the governor to pass a bill that would allow an abortion to take place at any point in a pregnancy. Most take place in the first trimester when many people don't even see it as life yet.
Most callers calling in agreed with O'Reilly that this bill shouldn't be passed but there was one caller, a young woman, who said that an abortion should be legal all the way to full term! O'Reilly then asked her if a woman was 3 days from her due date & then decided she didn't want the baby after all, does the young woman believe the abortion should be allowed & she said yes. And when asked why, she said because there are enough people in the world to take care of & we don't need another one to tend to. O'Reilly wanted to let her know that that was what the Nazis said.
When I heard this I wanted to vomit. Not only because she is completely fine with killing a baby before it even gets a chance to take its first breath, but because I felt like she was slapping me in the face to get over my loss because it wasn't really a baby & it would have just been an inconvenience to the world, or at least to her.
I've always been pro-life & disgusted by anyone supporting abortions but ever since losing my first child I am 100 times more disgusted by them. Knowing that there are women getting pregnant & killing babies because they don't want them while I have to grieve the loss of the baby I wanted & loved already in such a short time angers & sickens me so much. I feel like any time I hear a feminist fighting for a woman's right to choose it's just a personal attack to my emotions & to my baby. I grew up already feeling like this in a way because of my mother's own miscarriages & I hope that I can instill the same feelings in my future children.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Shelly, I agree with you! It's sad that that lady would say that!
Hey Shelly, I agree with you 100%. I have done tons of papers on abortion and after having my three children I can not imagine my world without them. You have to wonder how many Billy Grahams, or the person who could cure alziemers(spelling) are perishing everyday. It is sad that the world has such a selfish and sinful nature. We are here to solely bring glory to God.
Post a Comment