Friday, November 30, 2007

Don't Call Me A Little Girl!

It's cute when you are actually a little girl, like age 10 or younger. But not when you're 27.

A representative from a company that offers free classes for my insurance license renewal called the office & asked who is the "little girl" there needing classes. Now, this woman (which is actually in question) already weirded me out with her "man hands". The first time I met her she was surprised I sell insurance & thought I must be fresh out of college at best because I looked so young. I can let it slide once so long you don't bring it up every time you see me (and some have!). But don't call me a little girl.

I have no issues about my height. I like it. I embrace it. Measuring just barely at 5' 1", I don't really wish to be taller. Maybe I would at least like more pants to be at my length but that's it.

But if you want to give a "vertically-challenged" person a complex about their height, just keep pointing it out.

Funny thing is when the lady called she didn't realize I was the "little girl" she was looking for because she said I have such a "big voice". So what, am I supposed to be sqeeky?!

Some people's kids!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ha! I was just telling Ryan how disconcerting it is to enter a meeting with parents and have them ask if I'm old enough to be a teacher. Just like you said...some people's children! :)