Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just an Update

It's no secret anymore that Jeremy & I want children. And I've been pretty open about our loses & the emotional struggles I deal with. So I'm really not afraid to talk about what is going on with this journey.

On Nov. 16th, I had bloodwork done to check my progesterone count. I also asked them to check my thyroid. I've read that a thyroid condition can sometimes cause fertility problems & considering my mother developed her thyroid condition when she was my age, I thought it was a good idea to check it since they were drawing blood anyway. Two birds with one stone!

I got my results last week & learned that my thyroid is normal, so that's good. As for my progesterone count, it was 11.9, which the doctor says is in the normal range. I have to admit, I was disappointed. I felt that if it was very low they would confirm that that is why I lost 2 babies & it would be an easy fix.

So I asked the nurse what can we do next. We've lost 2 & I don't want to lose another if something should be done. So she talked to my doctor & he decided to put me on a progesterone supplement called Prometrium. I will take it on days 15 to 28 of each cycle until I get pregnant again. It may be that my progesterone hasn't been enough or there hasn't been enough progesterone produced naturally to build up my uterine wall to sustain a pregnancy.

So we'll see. I'll admit that it does still scare me because we don't know for sure if progesterone is the problem. I am hopeful & praying for God's will to be done. Please keep praying for Jeremy & I that we continue relying on the Lord.

No comments: