Friday, February 1, 2008

Blast From the Past

I've been on Facebook for a few months now & have had a great time reconnecting with friends from college. This has caused many of us to look through old college pictures & post them for some good laughs. I recently joined the bandwagon & posted some of my favorite pictures & thought since I can't link my facebook account on here that I would just post a few.
Some of these came from my scrapbooks so hence the odd photo shapes & stickers.

At BJU we had formals called Artist Series. They'd be operas or Shakesperean plays, etc. Sylvia & I decided that we needed to do what only select few students dared to do: dressed in something other than the typical formals. So we borrowed some hideous dresses & went hippie. I am so glad we did it because it was one of the best Artist Series I ever went to.





Jeremy & I at his society's dating outing. It was a Hawaiian theme. We had been dating for maybe a month by then. He decided it would be fun to wear matching shirts.
Ok, here's the story. One of our favorites places to eat was Zaxby's. The sauce is just to die for! One Sunday night after church we stopped for food. We were each given our little buzzers to wait but the food came so quickly the buzzers never went off. I was holding the buzzer with my Bible (because that's what good little BJU students do!) & walked out still holding it! We got in the car & I realized what I did & I then became known as a kleptomaniac! And yes, I still have it to this day!
This is from Gold Rush Daze. It occurs only every 4 years & is just a fun day of games against Red Lightning (my team) & Blue Thunder. Unfortuantly you can't see it in this picture but we tie-dyed our shirts just using bleach & rubber bands! It was all we had but the shirts looked so much cooler! I wonder if I still have that shirt somewhere?!
Ok, this is just the most random & most fun night! All I remember is we were playing with some huge hoop earrings I had & one thing led to another & out came the make-up & tacky hair-dos & this was the end result! This picture always makes me laugh & reminds me that I still have that weird randomness in me. It just needs to be pulled out every now & then.
The above picture was one of our favorites. It was just a silly night when we bought some cheap water guns at Walmart & then hung out at Sarah's aunt's house & has tons of water gun shootin' fun!
Below was a picture that just had to be done at my wedding. It was just tradition.

So there ya go! Just a little bit of my past. Hard to believe this was all only 6 years ago!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You missed actually wearing those tacky hairdos and thinking they are awesome by about 5 years. Unfortunately I didn't.

Amy said...

Such good memories!! :)