I'm saving my vent on AI for after tonight's episode when they name the top 24. There's some things I've learned about contestants this season & it's making it very difficult to enjoy watching some of them perform.
So instead I want to talk about other music - music that you'd never get on the show but would far surpass what any contestant could even attempt to sing. My last post was my review of Phantom of the Opera & included some music clips.
Another Broadway musical Jeremy & I were able to see was Les Miserables. We saw it for our 3rd wedding anniversary. There is some music on there that gives me chills & makes me want to cry because it's so good.
"Bring Him Home" is one of my favorite songs from Les Mis. Just beautiful. Enjoy it here!
Another beautiful song is "On My Own". Couldn't find a clip of the play itself that was in English so you're stuck just listening! Enjoy it here!
Here is the finale. I love a large choir! This one was done at some anniversary concert so the choir isn't the normal choir you get in the play (they're wearing Les Mis t-shirts!) but it's still good!
And now for a voice that I would love to find try-out on AI: Josh Groban. Here are some of my favorite songs of his:
"Remember When it Rained" -- This video was apparently put together by a girl with a crush but beautiful song none the less. I just love how big the song gets towards the end!
"To Where You Are" -- This is actually my cell phone's ring tone! It plays the chorus & half the time scares me!
"The Prayer" -- This one is with Groban & Andrea Bocelli sung at the recent Grammys. Little bit of culture for the Grammys this year!
"You Raise Me Up" -- Probably his most well-known song. This video was from the 2004 Superbowl & is sung in tribute to the space shuttle explosion the year prior. The astronaunt at the end is a little cheesy though!
And going back to AI, I absolutely hate when a guy tries to pull off this song. A little nerdy guy (on his way to be this season's Sunjaya) tried it last night. Judges thought it was pretty good. Are you kidding? Josh Groban is one of those singers you just don't even attempt to sing their songs (along with Whitney Houston & Celine Dion). You will just be compared & will never match them.
Sorry, just another little AI vent.
Josh Groban was on AI last season & sang "You Raise Me Up" & all I could think is "You are so much better than this show".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment