Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Semi-Finals -- Top 12 Guys

One word can describe the night for me - snooze! I was so bored! No one excited me. And the show changed things up & had them actually do a theme for the semi-finals (usually this is when they can sing whatever they want). It was 60's night & now I'm wondering why I like 60's music. Maybe I just like the better songs from that decade. But here we go with a breakdown of each performer:

David Hernandez - "In the Midnight Hour" - boring. And there's something he does weird with his voice that I don't like.

Chikezie - "More Today Than Yesterday" - I had no idea what he was singing at first & I like this song but didn't like what he tried to do with it. And his orange suit was rediculous!

David Cook - "So Happy Together" - Another classic song I like & it seemed like he was trying to make it a little more modern but it wasn't working. He's one of the rockers this season but doesn't have near a strong of a voice as Chris Daughtrey does.

David Archuleta - "Shop Around" - The judges LOVE this kid (he's 16) but I'm not seeing it. By the way, he's the one that won Star Search just 4 years earlier.

Danny Noriega - "Jailhouse Rock" - Another kid. Simon thought it was not smart to try an Elvis song. I'm sorry but this is not to me one of Elvis' greatest songs. Well-known, yes, but vocally there are much better. I didn't think the kid did horrible on it. But this one is the "flamboyant" one of the season, if you know what I mean!

Colton Berry - "Suspicious Minds" - He's a theater kid & looks like Ellen Degeneres. This is an Elvis song I like but could have been better.

Jason Yeager - "Moon River" - zzzzzz . . . . oh, sorry, I'll wake up now. I think this is a beautiful song but when you've had absolutely no tv time & this is the first time we are seeing you on AI you need to sing something more memorable than this.

Garrett Haley - "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" - Another boring one done by another kid we've never seen till now. He's 17 & looks like a girl & tried to make jokes while talking with Ryan but it just wasn't funny.

Luke Menard - "Everybody's Talkin'" - Ok, why are all the people we've never seen singing forgettable songs?!

Robbie Carrico - "One" - As in "One is the lonliest number". He's probably the only one I remotely liked but that's not saying much. He used to be in a boy/girl band & then decided he wanted to be a rocker instead. Can he pull it off? I dunno. Oh, his teeth were shaped weird. Very white (I think they all used Crest White Strips before the show!) but not all the same size & that bothers me.

Jason Castro - "What a Day for a Daydream" - He has long dreadlocks & played the guitar. Never seen him before tonight but I think he did good enough to be remembered.

Michael Johns - "Light My Fire" - He was the last of the night which usually means he's the best. Funny how the judges said he comes off like a lead sing in a band. Well, that's because he once was! He's the Australian I wrote about here. Even if he is good, I don't want to like him because of what I know about him.

Predictions of who goes home on Thursday: That's a tough call considering how many unknowns are on there. It's gonna be close between Luke Menard, Garrett Haley, Jason Yeager, & Colton Berry. And which ever of the 4 are left I'm sure will be gone the following week unless they come up with some better.

Tonight is the top 12 girls & I am hoping for something better.

No comments: