Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally, the Finale!

Yes, I am still watching AI. Just haven't bothered blogging about it anymore. I thought it would be something fun to write about but found it to be kinda boring.

I have however still enjoyed the season here & there. We're had our favorites, particularly David Cook (who's in the final 2) & Brooke White (voted off at the top 5). Paula gave some classic incoherent comments that caused some controversy on whether or not the show is fixed or at best that the judges don't really pay attention to the performances.

But now we're down to the final 2, David Cook & David Archuleta. Cook is the rocker & Archi (as I call him) is the little 17 year old. It's David vs. David. Could AI producers had asked for a better set up?

Who am I cheering for?

At David Cook's audition I thought he was pretty good but not Chris Daughtry status. I now see that he is a much more well-rounded singer & could actually have a carerr.

I don't think Archi could. Little girls love him because he's cute. But he looks like he's 12! And he's gaspy! And awkward.

Can you see where my vote is going?

The week that proved to me how good David Cook is was Andrew Lloyd Webber week. Yah, that's kinda random for a show who's supposed to be producing a "pop star". I was wondering how Cook was going to pull this one off. Would he try to change a classic Broadway song & rock it out?

Nope. He sang "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera.



The only thing I dread for David Cook tonight is the cheesy, generic ballad they have to sing. Not since Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This" has one been remotely good. The song will be one perfect for Archi. He almost always only sings feel-good slow songs. So it'll be interesting.

No comments: