Ok, you're probably wondering, "Who in the world is Gwyneth Rose?".
There is a blog I found back in January that I have been following every day. You gotta check out Confessions of a CF Husband! The blog is written by Nathan who's married to Tricia who has cystic fibrosis. You can read their whole story on the blog but in a nut shell, Tricia got pregnant, putting risk to herself & the baby. She gave birth to Gwyneth Rose a little past 24 weeks along, right at the point when a premie has any chance of survival. She was born weighing only 1 pound & 6 ounces. The pictures are just astounding how tiny she was.
Nathan gives weekly updates on how the baby is growing. There are always a few pictures of her laying next to a stuffed pug (they have a real one as a pet). Just go through each week & watch her grow. You would think that at some point he replaced the pug with a smaller one but nope! She's just growing & growing.
At the same time, Tricia was needing to get well enough for her lung transplant. Just last month she did get it & is out of the hospital & doing very well.
And today I saw the best news: Gwyneth is going home!
They have such an amazing story & I've enjoyed keeping up with them. It makes me so happy that abortion was completely out of the question even when the doctors said how much of a risk it would put on Tricia. They knew that this baby was a gift from God & He would take care of them.
I'm also amazed with modern medicine & how a baby so tiny can pull through. It's amazing what they can do now.
So today, even though I don't know them, I am celebrating with Nathan & Tricia & the answered prayer of their baby girl going home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cool! I'm going to check it out right now.
Post a Comment