
Tomorrow is July 25. It's a date that Jeremy & I have been waiting to come for a long time.
And why?
Because the new X-Files movie comes to theaters!
Yes, I am an X-Files nerd.
I started watching it in high school, probably around season 3. My dad & I were instantly hooked. As much as aliens & UFO's freak me out (yeah, I'm serious!), I looked forward to every Sunday night to see what Mulder & Scully were going to investigate next. And being a teenager I thought Mulder was so totally cute!
In the fall of 1998, after the first movie "Fight the Future" had come out, I left for college. And I was forced to only see the show during my summer breaks. Fortuantly for me Fox was pretty good about showing re-runs.
The show lasted for 9 seasons, probably 2 seasons longer than it should have. It ended leaving me with so many questions. So since then fans have been hoping for another movie to pick up where they left off.
Not much is known about the movie. Chris Carter has done an excellent job in keeping it secret. And that's how it should be. Why do producers feel the need to review a movie's entire plot in the preview? Why can't I just sit back & go along with the ride & figure it out myself?
Rottentomatoes.com is a site I go to often to see how a movie is being reviewed. Anything over 60% is consider fresh, meaning a "good" movie. So anything below 60% is considered rotten & probably not a good movie. Sometimes it's right on the ball & we can agree with reviews. But there are movies out there that we don't like or just won't see & will have excellent reviews. This morning X-Files: I Want to Believe is at 33%. I'm not going to read the reviews & I really don't care what any critic has to say about it. This is for the fans. If someone has never seen the show & isn't into sci-fi movies, of course they're going to give it a poor review.
So tomorrow night the nerd in me will come out. I'll probably get chills when the theme starts playing & may even squeeze out a little "woo hoo". But I've been waiting for 6 years for this so I've earned it.
2 comments:
I never got into X-Files, but I did have a thing for Unsolved Mysteries. Loved that show! The music always creeped my mom and and she would yell "turn that off it's scary". lol. :-)
I hope your week is going well for you. Begin each of your days with our Lord and Saviour!
~ Dawn
Some other friends of mine also like RottenTomatos, but I find http://flixpulse.com/ to be more accurate, or rather, more in line with my personal tastes.
But if RT works for you...
Post a Comment